Food and Product Stylist Short Courses
Two day intensive courses for aspiring stylists, bloggers and small businesses to give you all the tips and insights you need to style beautiful shots for food, fashion and interior.
Take the first step into styling beautiful images for your business or career.
Styling for Business
Want to showcase your business?
Whether it’s homewares, fashion and accessories, food and beverages or lifestyle our Product Styling course will bring your product the attention it deserves.
Professional styling gives you the tools to make a visual impact on potential customers, giving you the edge you need to be noticed.
Our courses will give you the skills to turn your passion into a career. Engage with a well established professional stylist to learn the secrets and tricks of the trade; get valuable feedback and have your questions answered.
Food Styling for Your Blog or Publication.
Learn how to style your shots with our food stylist course.
An invaluable marketing tool for food bloggers, chefs, cookbook writers, nutritionists, restaurant owners and anyone looking to stand out from the social media crowd.
Product Stylist Course
MELBOURNE, BRISBANE, SYDNEY, PERTH, ADELAIDE & HOBART
Food Stylist Course
MELBOURNE, BRISBANE, SYDNEY, PERTH, ADELAIDE & HOBART
Anybody can post on Instagram.
Only a trained stylist will stand out and be noticed. Whether its a product, person or a place, this stylist training will give you the tools to transform the face of your business.
Interested in a career as a stylist? Come and learn from the best. Bianca Christoff has over fifteen years experience in the styling industry, working as a stylist on projects ranging from fashion , food, product, interior editorial, advertising, television and look books.
Being a stylist is incredibly rewarding. It can be long hours. Crazy schedules. But it’s a career that can literally take you anywhere. From being backstage at some of the biggest fashion shows around the world. To working with fabulous photographers. And playing with amazing clothes, incredible produce and gorgeous props.
So what are you waiting for? Book Now!
Spaces are limited at these intimate two day workshops.
✚ Create and style editorial fashion shoots for luxe national and international magazines like Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and more
✚ Be commissioned by top fashion and accessories brands to style their million-dollar advertising campaigns
✚ Create looks and style outfits for television and film characters
✚ Get paid to style celebrities and stars for their red carpet appearances at events such as the Oscars, the Logies and Cannes Film Festival
✚ Create editorial styled food looks for top magazines like Donna Hay, Gourmet Traveller or Delicious magazine
✚ Work alongside the world’s best chefs to create enticing styled food looks for books and television
✚ Style products and food for national advertising and marketing campaigns for some of Australia’s most exclusive food and beverage brands
✚ Style editorial shoots and help create beautiful photos for Australia’s most well-known interior design publications such as Life Instyle, Vogue Living and Home & Garden magazine
✚ Put together styled interior looks for million-dollar commercial real estate campaigns
✚ Work with well-known homewares brands to help style interior looks for catalogues, television advertising and marketing material
The Stylist Short Course is designed to introduce you to the skills, knowledge and insight you’ll need to style beautiful shots. This workshop is essential if you’ve ever considered working as a stylist or styling beautiful shots for your business. You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at just what’s involved in preparing a product for the perfect shot.
Get an insight into the main industry areas, discover the important roles that you’ll encounter as a stylist, consider what pathway is right for you and, of course, find out those tips and learnings that most stylists only learn on the job.
You’ll also get to experience exactly what it’s like to work on a product shoot – from deciphering the brief, to sourcing props, right through to getting the styled look just right. You’ll leave the two-day weekend workshop with a deeper insight into the styling industry, and a photograph of your styled look that you can use to start your portfolio.
Ready to Join Us?
An introduction to styling as a career
- Learn the ins-and-outs of the industry and the different pathways you can take
- Freelancing versus agencies versus in-house stylists – the pros and cons of each
- Busting the stylist myths (it’s not all glitz and glamour)
- Who you may work with – photographers, art directors, designers, managers, fashion editors, brand directors and more
How a Stylist Works
- An overview of styling mood boards
- Working to a brief, how to break it down and figuring out your target audience
- Research and styling to trends
- Learn the step-by-step of styling a shoot (it doesn’t all happen on the day)
- Get the low-down on sourcing props for your shoot and how to get designers to lend you items
- Client budget is tiny? No problem. You’ll find out how and where to source props and items on any budget (and the tricks to make cheap items look super-expensive)
- Learn what’s involved in styling food and the tricks the pros use to make those inviting, eye-catching images out of ordinary ingredients
- Learn the essentials of styling a room for editorial and advertising, from putting together a mood board to sourcing items and putting it all together
Stylist Tweaks & Touches
- Find out the essentials you’ll need to have in your stylist kit (never go to a shoot without these!)
- Learn exactly what goes into making a product look just so good – it’s more than safety pins and gaffa tape
Create Your Own Styled Look
- Put everything you’ve learned so far into action. You’ll create your own styled look from start to finish. Decipher the brief, figure out what props you’ll need and put together the finish look for photographing.
- You’ll leave with an image that you can use to start your stylist portfolio
With qualifications as a visual merchandiser and involvement in interior design, Bianca has a complete understanding of the styling industry.
Bianca has worked with clients including Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, Project Runway Australia, Australian Fashion Guide, Myer, Roger David, De Bortoli wine, Network Ten’s Masterchef, Interflora, Arcadia Tea, The Arts Centre, Fremantle Media and ANZ Bank. And her work has been featured in numerous publications both nationally and internationally.
Bianca has both designed and taught course content on styling to students at RMIT, the Holmes Institute and Melbourne Polytechnic.